Saturday 17 June 2023

Chibugo by Laju Ereyitomi Oyewoli

Chibugo
Here I am 
Beguiled and bullied 
Betrayed and beaten 
Still I remain courageous 

 Chibugo
Here I am 
Hunted and shunned  
Hated and scorned 
Yet I remain victorious 

For in the pride of my strength
lies the individualism of my mien
    Chibugo

Laju Ereyitomi Oyewoli
Laju Ereyitomi Oyewoli is a poet from Nigeria who hails from Ode Itsekiri in the Delta State. He obtained his Bachelor's degree from the Delta State University and later went on to pursue his Master's degree at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Celebrants, a poem by Ken Saro-Wiwa

The Celebrants They are met once again To beat drums of confusion Tattooes of mediocrity They are met once again The new cow to lead To the ...