Monday 9 January 2017

Okigbo's Anamorphosis by Obiwu

Okigbo's Anamorphosis

I battered a king-sized cockroach
And its white blood splattered on my left big toe;
Did he who cut and crushed a young tendril
Also deny it the burial of the earth?

Who wept for the snuffed life of the cockroach, but I?
Who mourned for the forced death of the tendril, but I?
I, who am the remains of our sordid past;
I, in my piteous state;

- And the blasted stains on my foot!

Obiwu

Obiwu is a literary name for Obi Iwuanyanwu, director of the writing center at Central State University in Wilberforce,
Ohio, United States. His publications include Achebe’s Poetic Drive and The History of Nigerian Literature, 1772-2006 , both published in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Celebrants, a poem by Ken Saro-Wiwa

The Celebrants They are met once again To beat drums of confusion Tattooes of mediocrity They are met once again The new cow to lead To the ...