Monday 9 January 2017

Lethal Me by Jayeola Baliqis Lolade

Lethal Me

A day shall come
I shall be no more
I shall sleep in peace
and wake no more
people shall call my name
but my soul and body will rise not
friends and family shall cry
I shall be buried in a lonely grave
and people shall bid me farewell
and leave me behind with my deeds
because I shall take the lonely journey alone
I shall lay in the midst of sand
my body shall be food for maggot
I will b forgotten soon
and my face shall disappear in friends mind
but my handwork shall live on
I shall meet my creator .
everyone shall die
but d almighty Allah shall remain
on his mighty throne
with his mighty crown
the fierce king shall die
the poorest man shall die
and meet their creator in d same manner
because our journeys shall end one day.

Jayeola Baliqis Lolade

Jayeola Baliqis Lolade is a Nigerian female writer. She was born on 4th of September 1994 in Ibadan,the capital of Oyo state. She developed writing skill at a tender age and has written scores of poetry few of which are published on this website. Her works are greatly influenced by works of Wole Soyinka, J.P. Clark and other young writers such Rasaq Maleeq and Joseph Ibikunle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Celebrants, a poem by Ken Saro-Wiwa

The Celebrants They are met once again To beat drums of confusion Tattooes of mediocrity They are met once again The new cow to lead To the ...