Sunday 8 January 2017

My Mother by Jayeola Baliqis Lolade

My Mother

she is my one in millions
a precious in place of treasures
my heart, soul and body
she is the image of the lady I am
my wonderful friend and soul mate
my mother
my comforter
my beloved
my helper
the courage that lives in me
she raised me with care and kindness
a woman with tender heart
that glows to erase doubt in my heart
she shed a billion tears to save me
and my sibling in danger
the pains you went through
the gain is my beautiful future
if I didn't sleep
she would not sleep
I'm forever indebted to you
Wen I'm in pain
we're in it together
a rare mother with caring heart
mama I will  forever be grateful and faithful to you
the only pain and fear in my heart
is that she is growing old
the only pain in my heart is death-
death which is a storm
that put grief to ship
it's a pest that destroy farmer's labour
someone said picture
can bring back memories
and I asked, if a picture can talk
or do what you are doing for me
I can't use picture to represent you in my life
it can it represents ur image not your memories.

Jayeola Baliqis Lolade

Jayeola Baliqis Lolade is a Nigerian female writer. She was born on 4th of September 1994 in Ibadan,the capital of Oyo state. She developed writing skill at a tender age and has written scores of poetry few of which are published on this website. Her works are greatly influenced by works of Wole Soyinka, J.P. Clark and other young writers such Rasaq Maleeq and Joseph Ibikunle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Celebrants, a poem by Ken Saro-Wiwa

The Celebrants They are met once again To beat drums of confusion Tattooes of mediocrity They are met once again The new cow to lead To the ...