Wednesday, 24 June 2015

How Can I Go On by Margaret Sammy


How can I go on,
When the world is chasing me
A race I might never win,
My legs fail me.

I need help,
Not encouragement
Why won’t they listen to me?
I can’t run anymore,
I am just a girl,
Tomorrow’s woman I’m out of breath.

Can’t you hear me?
I might be trapped in a box,
With my talent strapped in my pouch
I plead for a moment to be heard,
To be seen,
Please don’t say no

If I do my part,
What about yours?
I am human, Not a machine,
Listen to me,
I beg to be heard


© Margaret Sammy (June 2015)
Margaret Sammy is 10 years old and a sixth grade pupil of Vine International School, Port-Harcourt in Nigeria and a girls’ rights writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Summary and Analysis of Night by Wole Soyinka: WAEC, NECO and JAMB Recommended Poem.

Here is the video presentation of the complete summary and analysis of the poem, " Night " by Wole Soyinka. In this analysis you w...