Saturday 8 July 2023

Longing by Femi Osofisan (Okinba Launko)

Life roars on, of course
elsewhere, as I rise and open the door.

And there is a moon, outside,
shining gently, as if afraid to be heard

It will not tell me of your whereabouts,
the moon does not believe that I miss you

and so, in the florescence of my office,
sitting alone with my poem,
I am alone and do not hear you pass

I miss your steps in the corridor of
the century, and the friends are fewer daily
to confide in, except this poem

Except this song that will not be sung.

Femi Osofisan (Okinba Launko)
Babafemi Adeyemi Osofisan is a Nigerian professor and writer born on June 16, 1946 in Ogun State, Nigeria, who is well-known for his literary works that criticize societal issues and incorporate African traditional performances and surrealism in some of his plays. His plays often revolve around the struggle between good and evil. He is a didactic writer who aims to rectify the decaying state of society through his works. Additionally, he has written poetry under the pen name Okinba Launko.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Celebrants, a poem by Ken Saro-Wiwa

The Celebrants They are met once again To beat drums of confusion Tattooes of mediocrity They are met once again The new cow to lead To the ...